inTank Media Baskets

How should I raise ph?

bdmiller

Before adding any corals or fish, I want to raise my ph to 8.2-8.3. My ph right now is about 8.0. That is also the ph of my makeup water. So what is the best way to raise ph?

I am going to get the two part B-ionic for my future corals. Will that raise ph?

If not, what should I get? And should I use it before or during B-ionic doses.

Thanks for the help.

I wouldn't get too concerned about it with a brand new tank. The aragonite sand will help to buffer the system after awhile.

I don't know much about B-ionic but I imagine that one part will act as a buffer to some extent. You might want to add only that part initially. Do a search on B-ionic for more information.

jovis67 confused the hell out of me with this one....

try some milk that will get it up.....

thats what she said.... ???

the B-IOnic 2 part is a ph and alkalinity ballancer. Test your alkalinity. if it is low, your ph will follow. Your Carbonate hardness is dirrectly related.

let the tank run a week or so when using small increases of the B-Ionic. test water every 3 days.

once ya meet a static point, its stable.

REMEMBER..... when ya add more consumers, they will want to utelize more addatives, co increases in dosing may be required.

hth

Keeping a balanced alkalinity will keep you pH at a safe level. Alkalinity is your waters ability to counter acids and anything decomposing...like food, fish, poop.

Follow daves method....it works:)

Cameron

Archived