Coral Vue Hydros

attaching polyps to LR

rygar126

EtOH_is_good

new epoxy tends to repel corraline algae growth. superglue gel is prefered for small scale applciations, such as polyps. the trick will be cutting the polyp's mat.

do i have to take the whole rock structure out and then glue it or can i take the polyp out, add the glue and then stick it on the LR already in the tank.

Tomaso_Pantera

remove both the polyp and the rock beign glued too. Apply the glue to a small area on the rock. GENTLY place the polyp on the rock and then IMEDIATLY place the rock with newly atatched polyp into the water. It is too messy leaving the rock the polyp is being glued to in the tank. You will get glue all over your fingers and ultimately end up glueing the polyp to your own finger.The reason I say place it IMEDIATLY is that superglue will burn the corals being glued. As super glue cures it heats up pretty quickly and must be cooled by water or you will burn the coral and infection may set in. As long as you apply the glue, place the polyp on the rock and get it back into the tank under 30-40 seconds or so you dont have to worry about lossing the polyp to infection or killing it due to the glue burning it .

Archived