Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

power head(s) in 12 g nano cubes

patio

how many power heads do you have in your 112g nanop cubes and how many gph are they!

i have

the stock one and another maxi-jet power head doing 106 gph

justg wanted to see what everyone else had!

I upgraded the return pump with a MiniJet 606 and placed the original pump behind the overflow grill on the far left blowing out, this pump I turned down to flow at about 1/2 flow.

I replaced 404 with a 606 in back & moved the 404 to the right side back in display area with locline to redirect flow into the center area of tank..

I replaced my stock one with a maxijet1200 ~295gph.

Right now I'm looking into lighting and skimming rather then more flow, that'll be my last concern.

im running a minijet 606 and a rio 90 in the first chamber facing out through the overflow... works like a charm. this combination is great for disrupting the surface scum.

Originally posted by fishykid9212

well I have the stock 106 GPH inthe back filter part. THATS IT!!!

that's way too low IMO.

assuming u aren't keepin SPS, shoot for 240-340 gph.

I'm running 150gph + in my 6g right now.

I have a max jet 400 in compartment one, drilled out the little stock hole below the stoke intake and did the overflow mod.

Works perfectly and look mint.

Originally posted by putz28

I have a max jet 400 in compartment one, drilled out the little stock hole below the stoke intake and did the overflow mod.

Works perfectly and look mint.

mine is set-up exactly the same.

I have a mini606 on third as return.. trying to figure out how to add a maxi400..I would think if I put this in the first, that would be counter productive to the return pump in third? too big and ugly in display. Ultimately would like to put both in third and run some tubing to intake grate.

I didn't like having 2 pumps in my NC so I decided to try this pump instead to increase my flowrate. Here is a link:http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...gory_Code=Eheim . I now have 300 gph coming out of the stock return that I fitted with a Hydor Deflector to help more evenly distribute the flow. So far I really like this pump, its only uses 8.9 watts of power, is quiet, and is not supposed to produce much heat (it also is not very expensive). I'll post in a couple of days and update my feelings about the performance of this tiny little pump. Skip

I replaced the stock JBJ with a MJ 606 and added a MJ 320 & 450 to the top of compartment 1. The 606 and 320 are on 24 hours a day and the 450 runs every 15 minutes to act as a wave maker.

• 4 months later...

I use a single Rio 600 with a Hydor Flo. This gives me 200gph and the Hydor alternates the current nicely. I had also been using a MJ404 inside the display, but I was having problems with heat and just didnt like the look. This setup seems to be working great for my tank. If you need even more flow, some are using the Maxi-Jet 1200(295gph). The Hydor is rated for use with a pump up to 310gph.

A link for the Hydor Flo (I use it on all my tanks):

http://www.petsolutions.com/Flo+Rotating+W...0001629-C-.aspx

i use the mj1200 with hydor flow on the stock return... i also have a cascade 500 something canister filter that takes from the rear, and ruturns through to the front, i just also put a via-aqua80 in the display behind the rocks.... too much flow? ... not really... =]

i think another thing to consider, is the velocity at which the amount of flow is coming out, because, like on my tank, there's a whole hell of a lot of flow, but there's not much velocity, expecially because the output holes are big, if i take off the hydor flow swirly thingy on the stock outlet wich is a pea hole, the thing will kick up a dust storm, but with it, there's plenty of movement, but my corals arnt ripping off of thier skeleton

Archived