Pod Your Reef

Old pics of My 2.5 project

pandabehr

Here is a pic of a former 2.5 gallon project. Wow was it hard to keep clean. I also had a temp. problem. Funny thing though. I took a few pieces of cured rock from my 6 gallon eclipse that never realy flourushed or encrusted with coralline. I had a 27 watt 6500 l pc bulb and an 8 watt blue atenic bulb in the hood. After about a week calapura started to sprout. The rock was in my eclipse for two years and no vegitation grew at all. I guess Im a dunce, lol

I broke it down after a month or so and started a 10 gallon that is doing pretty well now.

go for it ,

I just didnt have the luck and/or skill to keep the 2.5 gallon. the idea that i had in my head didnt quite come out after setting up my 2.5 gallon experience.

I wanted to some how add a sump or refugium to add more water volume but the 2.5 is so small and hard to work with.

I am working on a idea that i have for a eclipse 2.5 explorer. My fiance bought it for her desk at work and realized how hard it was to keep neon tetras Lol...

I have retrofitted a 13 watt pc fixture in the small hood area. I painted the back of it with a color change paint that shifts from white to blue depending what angle you look at the tank.

As for hardware.....

either a rio 90 or a 50

Small 15 watt heater (if needed the lights may do the trick)

Pink bermuda sand

some live sand from my ten gallon (full of small starfish)

AS for aquascaping:

I want to find some great live rock, very small pieces and build the up against the back wall of the tank, glueing the rock in place to avoid any tumbling. I was thinking of using a spraybar to circulate water behind the rock wall... still thinking about that idea

Ill post some pics soon.

Archived