Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help Green Star Polyp no longer opening

jhealey64

Hi Everyone,

I've had a green star Polyp for about two weeks now in a standard Nano Cube deluxe. The thing was doing great on the bottom of the tank under medium strong WF. I had questions about it's lighting requirements (I noticed several contradictions during my research), so I moved it twice. The Polyps have not been out since!!! I hasve check Nitrates are around 0-10 and Nitrites are 0. I have 3 small fish, two hitchicker Polyps and a Mushroom that are doing fine. I do a 1 gal. water change weekly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Mine are finicky. They did not come out for like threee weeks once. I freaked and assumed they were dead and all of a suddden one day they were back. I think they get irritated when they are moved. My suggestion is to be patient and they will show themselves again. Good Luck.

ClarkiiClown

I have a colony of GSP that will not open for a couple weeks sometimes. I have some other star polyps that never close...

Both are healthy.

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes they close up for days or even weeks when they are "shedding" . . . help it by fanning it vigerously with water - I use a turkey baster and they open up after a couple of days

Archived