inTank Media Baskets

daily diary on mandarn training

offsprg01

Maybe I should have kept a diary... My mandarin looks forward to Marine Cuisine now. He recognizes the measuring cup I use to get water out and the turkey baster I use to give him the food. He even goes to a central place in the tank where it's easiest to blast him with food. When the food is in, he dashes around, sucking up ANY bit small enough to fit in his mouth. However, to this point, I have not seen him eat pellet or flake foods of any kind.

Funny thing too...my lawnmower blenny (he does okay controlling nuisance algae and is extremely fat as well) sits beside the mandarin and copies him, taking the big bits of Marine Cuisine in his mouth, munching, then spitting them back out since he eats algae, haha.

RN

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by impur

I have started trying the mandarin diner

http://www.melevsreef.com/mandarin_diner.html

I use an olive jar. Last night was the first time my mandarin went into the diner. She took a few bites and got spooked by a nassarius snail that went into the diner too. Just got to figure out how to keep the snails out.

Only way is to hang it so they can't travel along a surface to get in it.

RN

Nass snails are nuts, though. ;) I think hanging it, like renichms said, so that it was floating might work... But it would have to be well up and away from sand/rock/glass since nass. snails will go to great lenghts when hungry. ;)

Archived