Pod Your Reef

first mushroom! is it okay?

Reefwick

I just bought my first mushroom and it is a green hairy one. I just put it in my aquarium 2 hrs ago and it has shrunk from its original size significatly and has some white stuff coming out from the middle. What is going on is this normal? I am worried:*(

it can be alot of reasons, lighting, current, tank perameters, or it can just be acclimating to its new surrounding, give it time

Yes it has cycled it is 3 months old. I have tested the water and everything is where it should be. When will i know if it'll make it or not? this sux

Check your temp as well. It can be a couple of things. Stress from transfer, not enough light or heat. It should be ok though, shrooms are kind of tough.

Did you acclimate it? You just added the shroom so it will have to adjust to the parameters and lighting regime over the next 24hrs. Most of these lil buggers are pretty hardy so I wouldn't stress too much at this point in time.

ClarkiiClown

Every new mushroom I have ever got does that. It is pretty normal.

Most likely it will be shriveled up for several days.

If you see brown/maroon sludge building up on the shroom then he is decomposing.

If you can get a pic that would help.

Okay the white stuff has subsided but it is still alot smaller than it was. How important is the "low water flow" factor to this kind of mushroom? he is almost at the bottom of the tank and not near the output but i can't really tell where the water is flowing to tell you the truth. Any adice would be nice

Archived