Coral Vue Hydros

Is my polyp dying?

darkstar

I have a green star polyp that is 6 days old in my new tank. My first coral, put in a 5-week old tank that has been cycled. Today i noticed that the polyps have retracted into the base of the coral and only about 1/4 of them are out? They have been fine, all popping out, up until now. Should I be worried? My water params are fine, other than my salinity which is a little on the high side.

Please help if you can! Some comforting words would be nice...

pretty normal for GSP's, mine did the same for over a week, and now there fine, i say give them a little time, and they should be fine.

imo

Mike:)

Thanks for those kind words. I hope they'll come around. If they don't, I guess I will have made a $40. mistake. Oh well, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks again. Anyone else hsve any suggestions, comments, concerns, questions? I just don't want my 1st coral addition to be a failure...

btw, make sure you keep the salinity good, if anything, youd rather it be a little low, rather than a little high. i keep my around 1.023, seems to work well for me. i'm sure others will have different opinions! Also, make sure when you are topping off(adding water to replace evaperated water) you need to be using RO/DI (NON SALT). (just in case you didnt already know this). Remember water evaporated, salt doesnt. that will cause you salinity to rise. I actually have removed my GSP, because it grows way too fast. I left a little spot around the size of an eraser head, and youd be surprised how fast it takes off!!!

-Good luck, Mike

Archived