Coral Vue Hydros

Ideas for my first coral

Reefwick

I want to go out and get my first coral tonight.

I have a 12gallon nano-cube DX that has been up since X-mas eve.

There is one false percula, one scooter blenny, one long spine sea urchin and 5 small snails (not sure what kind).

I want some thing colorful but hardy. I am very new to this hobby and I just want to do it slow and right.

P.S. Should I up my clean-up crew first?

Going on what I have recently learned, and from what very little experience I have, I would tell you NOT to get a green star polyp, or GSP as the reefers might say. BUT then again, what do I know. I'm sure the LFS will sell you whatever they think you will buy!!! All about the sales it seems for most LFS that I have been in.

I'd say read a little more, and then a little more, and so on.

Sorry I didn't answer your question... BUT, I wouldn't want to give false advise...

ClarkiiClown

GSP, zoanthids, mushrooms, leathers. Most anything soft. If your not sure dont get it or ask if they have a coral book and look at it's general needs. Careful with the zoos- dont handle them directly. Always use gloves. They can be poisonus.

Get us a pic!

I have the same setup as you, my 1st corral was a hammer corral. Its doing great after almost 3 months. I have a few photos in the gallery.

Archived