Top Shelf Aquatics

Colt Coral

TEPOZ_AZTLAN

TEPOZ_AZTLAN

I got a colt coral last sunday, it's on a small pice of rock should i burry it in the sand or let it above sand? also sometimes is trying to strech and polyps most of time are open. How long is going to take until it opens up and gets fully erect. right now is almost laying on the sand.???

Any info will be helpful THX:)

Nah. Colts like to be in the rockwork. My suggestion to you is to use cyano-acrylate based glue and fasten the rock to your existing live rock.

Lucky for you that the colt is already attached to a piece of rock. They are notoriously hard to coerce into attaching to a piece of rock, often requiring that you 'skewer' the colt into place.

TEPOZ_AZTLAN

Today is the first time is totaly stretch, and is either growing to fast or it wasn't strech all the way at the lfs, looks to big now for my nano dx. I'm going to have to frag it soon to give away for my brother in law, and get some strip shrooms or something in exchange

How big is yours, what other corals do you have and how big is your tank

Originally posted by TEPOZ_AZTLAN

Today is the first time is totaly stretch, and is either growing to fast or it wasn't strech all the way at the lfs, looks to big now for my nano dx. I'm going to have to frag it soon to give away for my brother in law, and get some strip shrooms or something in exchange

I don't have a Colt anymore. It's a good coral to get your feet wet with but it's not the most visually stunning coral around. I mostly like zoanthids, yumas and ricordeas. I have 25 types of zoanthids in my tank, four colors of ricordeas, Montipora Capricornis, branching frogspawn, bubble coral, trumpet coral, blue sponge, red chilli pepper coral, two types of gorgonian... all in a 24 gallon tank.

TEPOZ_AZTLAN

Cool it seems you have a good diverity of corals, I only have the colt a xenia, small colony of polyps, one hairy shroom, my tank is only 3 mo old i want to get some more shrooms a candy cane. do you have any pics.

Originally posted by TEPOZ_AZTLAN

Colts can just be a blob of a slime ball when they are fully retracted. You just got to see it fully extended is all. They do grow pretty fast however. Might be a bit premature to go "fragging" a coral you just got. Let the thing settle in for a time and learn about it before you go chopping it up.
TEPOZ_AZTLAN

I know how you feel RandyO I said "soon", but it can be couple of weeks my be a month, I'm going to relocate it to so I'm not in a hurryto chop the creatue, i like it so don't take me wrong.

Archived