Top Shelf Aquatics

my orange zoos are sick help

sir winston mulligan

sir winston mulligan

ok i did some searching on NR and i think that my zoos have some sorta fungus...it looks like its dark green and about 70% of the colony is infected ...here come the ?s

1. should i frag off the healthy ones?

2.what can i do about the infected ones?

please help

ProFlatlander15

i had something ahppedn to my zoos, and i squirted them several times daily with a turkey baster to get rid of the dead of infected tissue, and a few survived, and are now making a comeback.

another way to do this is a FW dip in water same temp and pH for about 10 min or so, maybe with some lugols solution in it. i would check on the 10 minute time period but im pretty sure thats about right.

sir winston mulligan

thanks for replying...ive been basting them a few times daily..there is like 20+ head in the colony and like 7 are open and spreading but the other 15+ look like crap..in the pic you can see the ones that are opening...ill try the FW dip action and see what happens

ClarkiiClown

You can try a dip. 1 gallon of RO water and 5ml of iodine or 4 drops of Lugols.

Dip for 5 min.

Make sure the water is the same temp and PH as your tank so it is less shock.

Those zoos dont look that bad. A bit retracted but I dont see any in the pic above that look in real trouble.

How long have you had them?

sir winston mulligan

clarkiiclown: the pic is a couple weeks old and ive had them for about 3 weeks, everything was going good until recently....all of the ones in the second pic are closed now...im going to do the iodine dip tonight...how often should i repeat the dip?

Archived