inTank Media Baskets

Splitting order of Nass snails in chicago

rlinusc

Anyone interested in splitting an order for these great snails? Jcopp on reefcentral only sends orders of 50, and needless to say i can't use that many.

Linus

an order of 50 costs $40, with an additional $18 for shippping. If you are interested let me know how many you would want. I can be reached through

rlinusc @ the free microsoft email service provider.

Linus

Wow that is a great deal. 12 for $3.75 or 24 for $6.50 and 50 for $10!!

Now i heard printer say that one online distributor is selling a different snail and calling them nassarius snails. I assume you didn't have any problems with them at all?

Linus

Actually they were all great. The only problem now is the weather, when they got to my house last week they were ice cold. I don't think I'd risk buying mail order again until spring. But after drip acclimating they all survived. I even got a few cerith and stomatellas in the algae as hitchhikers.

So far I've ordered from them twice. The first order was for twenty five about half of them were eaten by my damn peppermint shrimp. I've since caught those bastards and decided to replenish with fifty nass snails. Now I've probably got sixty or so in my 55 gal. You won't even see them until feeding time.

do peppermints really eat them? i never had problems with them in the past. reading other posts, pepps seem to be voracious.... i think i just feed mine enough or something....

Linus

Archived