Cultivated Reef

Upgrading...

hhasty79

Ok, this is halfway non-nano related ;-)...but I am upgrading my 20tall to a 30 standard. I have a few questions.

1)Will my clowns be distressed that their xenia hosts are in different places? Should I arrange rock so that it looks similar to how it is now, or will they figure it out?

2)Bristleworms. Do they sting or bite or anything? I know I have one or two big ones -- I don't want to hurt them so I'd like to scoop them out when I remove the rocks, and acclimate them along with the critters.

3)Sand and rock...do I...acclimate this? Somehow? Won't it stress the stuff living therein if I just dump it into the new tank? I had planned on filling the new tank with about 10g newly made saltwater, adding enough sand to make up the difference from the 20 to the 30, moving sand and rock in once temp was stable along with most of the water, then acclimating critters...but...is this wise?

hhasty79

to answer your questions

1) Clowns will find thier host in the wild anenome move around so they would have to find it anyway.

2) if you grab them they will prick you

3) the rock and sand will be fine

Use as much of the old tank water as possible when you fill your 30 to reduce stress and keep as much as the free floating mircoparticles as possible.

GL

Joe

Archived