Coral Vue Hydros

Ocellaris acting wierd?

Bobalouy

Hello the larger of my two Ocellaris started acting wierd yesterday, I have had them both for about 3 months now, and they have been doing great. They usualy hang around the front right corner of my nanocube, but as of yesterday the female has been laying on the sand under the overhang of rock. She stayed there all day, when the male came over she would nip at him. At night she went back to her normal corner to sleep. And this morning she is back near the rock. She ate alittle but would not come to the surface like normal.

She looks normal no spots or anything that I can see. Water perameters are normal, I did my regular weekley water change the day befor all this happened.

Any ideas?

Thanks

prob water change, test the water. how is everything else looking? don't feed brine, temperature?... i had an angel that ate a pellet and was constipated for about a week, looked terrible... then one day he/she was back to normal. i'm guessing something is trying to pass or there's an internal parasite... hopefully it's just a water issue.

Everything else is doing fine including the other clown. Water temp is 80. I feed it pellets, and small ones at that. I'll test the water again when I got home from work.

Water params were normal last night, she was still acting the same, but slept in the back corner of the tank behind the rock

Originally posted by Bobalouy

Hello the larger of my two Ocellaris started acting wierd yesterday, I have had them both for about 3 months now, and they have been doing great. They usualy hang around the front right corner of my nanocube, but as of yesterday the female has been laying on the sand under the overhang of rock. She stayed there all day, when the male came over she would nip at him. At night she went back to her normal corner to sleep. And this morning she is back near the rock. She ate alittle but would not come to the surface like normal.  

She looks normal no spots or anything that I can see. Water perameters are normal, I did my regular weekley water change the day befor all this happened.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Probly having her period....J/K LOL

lol, tonight when I got home form work, she was laying flat on the sand, I fed them, and she jumped up and piged out like nothing was wrong. Then layed back on the sand. A few hours later, there has been a big chunk of hair alge on the Powerhead nozzle, that I never pulled off. So I turned off my PH and pulled the alge out, and she started swimming around the tank like normal for the rest of the night.

Archived