natrate

Notching a NanoCubue

natrate

I have a nano-cube DX which collects a lot of surface scum. The intake on the back wall would've been a good idea if it was higher (I like the water level to be above the hood line). Anyway, I'd like to cut notches in the plastic so there's an overflow effect but I'm unsure how to do this neatly. I don't want to hack into it with snips. Has anyone done this or have any ideas how to do this?

RandyO

Is a common mod actually, a pair of nibblers works best. I think that you can get them at most auto parts stores that sell auto body tools or http://nanocustoms.com sell them also if you want online. Dremmel will work or any other method you have to cut plastic will do the trick too.

afiser

or you could use a drimmel tool

RandyO
Originally posted by afiser

or you caould use a drimmel tool

Must be a specially modified Dremmel for aquaria LOL

embryoguy

dont BOTHER, JUST USE A CASSETTE TAPE COVER, THERE IS A THREAD ON THIS SITE THAT SHOWS IT. I HAVE IT ON TWO OF MY NANOCUBES. IT WORKS GREAT, YOU DO NOT NEED TO DRILL HOLES. IT WORKS GREAT AND REMOVES ALL SURFACE SCUM.

ccjung

I agree too.

By far the cheapest, best DIY possible for the cube. I dont know whats gonna top it.

Doriftu is my hero.

Chris

mikedege

i been searching for a cassette tape for weeks, i think there extinct! :o Also, i would like one with pegs where the cassette tape holes are, so i can mount it easier, and maybe even a "double sized" one. Anybody have any extra of those??

Mike :)

putz28

grab a piece of black plexi, notch it, and glue it over the stock intake.

It will look better and it works good.

cost, about a buck fifty.