Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tight Fitting Nano Cube 24g

scatcat

Ok I've been lurking for a while. I am in the process of setting up a new saltwater 24g Nano...well the pet store is doing it for me. There is nothing in it yet except for ls and lr. I'll be bringing it home in about 3 or 4 weeks once he getting everything going for me. In the mean time I've been looking at where to put it. My first choice is on my computer stand. I've moved my pc and cords so that if there is a leakage it won't leak on my pc or anthing else that will cause a problem. This is my first and really only choice. There are so many windows in my house that moving it somewhere else will put it infront of a window. My computer is where I spend most of my time anyway. The problem that I have is I have a shelf that is sticking out 11 and 1/4 inches I plan on sliding part of the tank under it leaving only about 8 inch sticking out. I hope I'm painting this picture good enough for you. There is 20.5 inches total before the self. Will I be able to open my lid to feed and change the filters as needed. I'm going crazy worring about this. I want everything to be perfect when I finally get it home.

Rachel

jenniebutterfly

you will not be able to open the whole lid without moving it out, but you will be able to open the little door on the hood to feed :)

Thank you for replying I'm thinking it will be so difficult to clean if I do that. I'm wondering if I can make my shelf removable. My stand is solid wood now I'm worming about my tank falling off. Will the insanity ever end. I think I'll be putting some extra reinforcement just incase. I'm sure the guy at the pet store hates me by now. I do have a tendecy to get obsessed about my research. I can't help it that's who I am.

Rachel

Archived