Pod Your Reef

micro mini slug?

dga

Purchased some zoo's at LFS yesterday and was reading about nudi's that can eat them. while these dont appear to be them, I have never seen a picture of what i sucked off them with turkey baster. these photos were taken with my digital through a 50X inspection microscope. they are about 1/16 of an inch long and lay flat on the LR that the zoo's came on. light green in color, has a small protuding like tail and a red spot on its back toward the rear. any idea's?

dangee-Img_2660.jpg

dangee-Img_2675.jpg

ProFlatlander15

i wish i couldhelp you out..ihave no idea what that is, but it doesnt' look good and if you sucked it off your zoos than its probably better off the zoos. your sig makes me crack up everytime i see it though.

jenniebutterfly

flatworms, most are harmless and just eat your pods (the white ones do this) and the red ones (whole body a rusty color) can bother your corals. your best bet is to pull your zoos out of your tank and stick them in freshwater for about 5 minutes, shake them every minute or so and they should come off.

BKtomodachi

You just got screwed, man.

They'll probably be everywhere in a week unless you take severe action now by removing every single one you see.

Red Planaria to be more exact. I used FWE just because I did not like the way they were spreading in my tank. Just do a search on "flat worm exit" and read everyones experience. It is supposed to be "reef safe" but I am convinced that it kills a lot of the microscopic life in a tank. It recovers but it takes a bit of time.

Read and heed what you see if you go after them

My experience with flat worms. I had them a 1 year ago in a 5.5 gal i had started up. Came in on the liverock. Completely took over the tank in about a month. I never did anything to get rid of them they just started diminishing on there own. Now there isn't a one in there. Go figure! Just my 2¢.

Archived