Cultivated Reef

How Long Have You Been Reef'n'?

Glenn

I had my 40 for almost 2 years, and have had my current reef since April, 2002. I started caring for a 125 reef at the LFS I worked at about 6 months before I started my original reef. Total, I have about 3 years of experience.

and as far as I can remember back I've had aquariums, I got my first saltwater set up around 1984, I've kept and bred African Cichlids, SA Cichlids, show guppies, betta, and Killie fish.

been in to reef scince i was 1 and kept on having them so, i'v been reefing for about 15 years now. also have kept freshwater tropical planted tanks for 10 years.

I have had freshwater for 3 years and when I found this site about 2 weeks ago I started to get the itch for a reef so I now have a tank with 10 lbs LR and 20 LS cycling so a total of about 0 experience =)

wayyyyyyyy tooo long......

I' ll hit 7 years in a few weeks fer reefs.

FW, Turtles and herps since I was 8

since my math aparently isnt so good......(inside joke from the 3000 post thread :D )

as of 11/4/o2 Im 26........ minus 7, minus 8, plus 2 for the mid 20's when I was delirious with kegers on the brain dissorder..... divided by 2, carry the one...... ( or the "I") that equals a combined total of......

+ school......

???

damn it... stupid pen is out of ink....

ok adding

adding

adding..

divide .... square root......

I have been into SW for exactly.....

60,484.5 minutes.....and counting...

I have been keeping all different types of aquariums for approximately 563,472,000 seconds, however I have been into reefs for only about 15,552,000 seconds. A mere 2.76% of my total aquarium experience is in reefs. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!

My birthday is right around the corner, I"ll be 1,008,752,000 seconds old. Yep, Finally made it to the billion mark. Maybe I should feel old, but I'm still going to try and get my girlfriend to go for 8.3066239 squared.

I was 26 in July silly.. LOL I was just saying... time wise... Im 26, and that today was the 4th LMAO......

I gess it did read that way... HAHAHAHA

oh well......

but how many NANO seconds have you been a reefer> ?

:rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Since everyone is tellin' their history...

First aquarium, 1964, Slate bottomed, chrome trimmed Metaframe 5 gallon filled with guppies from the Ben Franklin.

First saltwater tank, 1976... High School, a job, what the hell. 55 gallon horribly overstocked.... hey there was 50 guppies in that 5 when I started. Anyway the fish lived for quite awhile although I don't know how.

First reef tank, 1981... 29 gallon, nano? kinda.... Tank was lit with NO tubes, all six 20 watters then I found HO tubes! WooHoo, bring on the LPS.... little reef was great for about 3 years till the ever-tragic, how many of this has happened to you... ANENOME VS. POWERHEAD... I was outta town, tank crashed, then a divorce then no money then a bad taste in my mouth for reef-keeping and then.......

New wife, new tank.... 125 gallon in 1989, then a 250, then a 350 AND THEN.... a 500 gallon, AND THEN another divorce.... no money, bad taste in my mouth about reef-keeping, sold the 500 gallon, bought a beater Chevy (old taxi cab) drove all over hell and ended up in Cali with some friends for a bit. Saw a 7.5 gallon SeaCube on the counter of an LFS and said "I can do that!"

First nano, 1994... and so it goes.

"This is your life Glazer" brought to you by the fine folks at LFS's everywhere. Book and movie rights pending.

( Oh crap... the ORIGINAL question.... how many years with "full blown" reefs? Um, guess I get to check the "over 20" box, or wait, do I? Do you mean "in a row"? ) :P

Me, I am 23. Freshwater since I was 6, salt for just the past year.

Current tanks:

FW: 55g oscar

: 20g planted

: 30g planted

: 15ish betta bowls

: 10g betta fry

SW: 20g reef

: 2g mantis

: 10g junk

hmmmmmm my trend is begining to look similar to glazers???

5 years ago I started my first, FOWLR and after a bad break up tore the tank down and it collected dust.

Then new GF and 2 years later I brought it back to life (REEF).

GF went away for school one year later and tank went south

X)

GF came back and things couldnt be better, I mean with my reef tank:happy:

(mentle note: must not let the cycle continue)

been into reefs for almost a year. before that, never had any fish or anything. i have a job at my school careing for the 130g reef (im a soph in HS). have my own 55 and 5.5 going right now....

Archived