Coral Vue Hydros

will they sting each other?

SeaFish

i have a pink tip spawn coral. if i get a frog spawn coral and set it next to it..will they sting each other and in the process die from it? or are the coral similiar enough that they wont sting or hurt each other?

satch is correct, hit or miss. probably more unlikely to sting each other than sting tho imo. different color morphs shouldn't make much of a diff but i've heard different in similar situations in the past, not as often as good experiences i'm sure but you naturally hear less of 'good' experiences (less to b!tch and moan about).

if you do try it i would recommend to put the 2nd one upstream rather than downstream of the 1st for a couple of reasons:

1) the 1st has the benefit of establishment (healthier in case of stinger combat). whereas the 2nd coral will still need to acclimate to the new tank and co-inhabitants.

2) it'll take the 2nd longer to fully extend/grow its sweepers and thus give the two colonies a chance to acclimate and accept each other. like dogs sniffing each others butt. :x

in their normal environment it's very rare that two separate colonies of stonys all of a sudden end up next to one another (without the benefit of time acclimation from their normal slow growth).

Archived