SaltCritters.com

NaNO-ReeFINS?, help

Twins Guy

sorry about the mis-capitalization.

i'm joining the ranks...of Alife 7 nanoreefers. as a midwesterner i've never seen the alife tanks but nonetheless ordered one online the other day. i know i got the 27watt model (is that the csl "27W sealight") but i don't know how the lighting is setup. before i get flamed, i should make it clear that i've done my research and performed searches on alife lighting. nano-reefins has 50/50 lighting and it looks like they're on different switches (because of the actinic only lighting in some pics). are 50/50 replacement bulbs available (or included?)? just curious what i have to work with, and what kind of custom work i have in store. thanks for any help!

best bet is to Private message nanoreefin and see if he can dirrectly tell ya what he did differently. If you are handy with electrical stuff, ya can make anything possible.

HTH sorry I dont have exp with the A lifes...

ppreciate the message Dave. I'll give it a shot. Here i thought nano-reefins was a girl! I'd like to think i'm pretty damn handy so we'll see, but you know there's always been something really attractive about a simple, streamlined setup. maybe's its that not even i can screw it up! crrrash.

maybe it was the avatar (speaking of, i gotta get me one of them), but it seems to me maybe there's a speach pattern, or at the very least a tone. maybe its because he's not blowing people up left and right. not to say that they don't deserve it.

im bored so i am going to be a post whore, this is like my 383 post? I am sooo bored. I remember when chris did the server change, and we all lost a bunch of posts, that sucked! lol

Only 23 hours 6 minutes until the American Idol Concert woo hoo!!!

Daniel

why does everyone think nanoreefin's a girl? i don't get it. ???

i just picture a normal healthy teenager with a superb avatar staring at his reef. heck, i'm a 'prime of my life' (shaddup crakeur : ) guy staring at his reefs.

does my avatar mean i'm charlie brown? (actually, i've always thought of myself as more of a 'pig pen' type of guy)

• 2 weeks later...

WTF?! This is the first time I've come across this thread.. so it seems the people who don't know me think I'm a girl huh..? And Twins thought I was a girl because of my speech pattern..? ??? Damn.. I gotta f**kin' curse more in my posts now.. god damn it! :o hah.

And yes, I've already answered Twins questions a while back.. so it's not like I only came here to claim my masculanity.. B) God damn it.. haha

NaNO ReeFIN-

you realize i wrote this before ever hearing back from you, and although i read ol' posts about the Alife 7 i don't know...societal norms...nano-reefer machismo-it all lead me to believe that no man in his right mind would ever keep things simple-run the stock Alife-run an eclipse filter-not have a halide over a 5.5. (wait a minute, that's me too!) seeing your tank in its current glory-i know!-no woman can do that (j/k, j/k, j/k, j/k! :D :D :D) disclaimer-no hatemail please pure n simple joke, maybe it wasn't funny-mine usually aren't but...anyways...Dave tol me you were a chick!

Originally posted by Twins Guy

seeing your tank in its current glory-i know!-no woman can do that

Hahaha, don't worry.. no womans gonna see that message.. this is the "advanced" forum ya know.. woman don't come here.. (Now I'm just kidding!! Don't be sending me any hate messages either!)

Yeah, Dave is a funny guy, kinda.. B);)

Originally posted by NaNO ReeFiN

Hahaha, don't worry.. no womans gonna see that message.. this is the "advanced" forum ya know.. woman don't come here.. (Now I'm just kidding!! Don't be sending me any hate messages either!)

Sure, ah huh, sure.

Archived