Pod Your Reef

Coral, Plant Ident

Lowthar

Hello, I have some coral growing in my 10g nano, it came in on the live rock and now after about 8 months is growing nicely. I would like to know if someone can help ident. the type of coral it is. Also I have some plants life going also in the tank, any help on what type it is would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to the pics of my tank http://www.riskychris.com/gallery/Aquarium

VISIT www.riskychris.com

thanks in advance

Chris

I'm assuming you're talking about the blue/purple stuff? Interesting! Never seen that stuff before... Wish I could help ya out.

reef hugger

It is pointless to keep guessing like we are doing without more info. It does have some very odd shaped tentacles. Does it have a hard skeleton? Again does it show any responses to external stimulii?

Fred, I would love to see a pic of a Rhodactis that looks like that.

The plants btw are hair algea.

B'oh..fingers got ahead of me...I meant to type "Ricordea spp." and my fingers entered "Rhodactis spp."...

Can we just say corallimorph and be done with it? lol

Cheers,

Fred

6 of one, half dozen of another....it's a corallimorph..care for both are pretty much the same.

And identification tot he genus level in corallimopharians is moot regardless.....they're constantly being reclassified..or rather, constantly being overlooked for reclassification. (i.e. Amplexodiscus v. Discosoma debates)

What boggles my mind is that people are consistantly calling different corallimorph species in here "BTA" just because they've got some fluffy verrucae.....

Cheers,

Fred

Archived