inTank Media Baskets

Spending spree!!!!

Bonster

I won $300.00 at work yesterday so I'm off to the LFS. Whopeee!! It's found money right? I can do whatever I want with it!! Anyway, I have a 30 gal that has been up and running for over a year with 2x55 lights and about 30 lbs live rock. 1 perc and 1 blood shrimp. Various snails and hermits. GSP'S and a toadstool. I've been adding to it very slowly. Question-what corals do you think I should add now. Money is no object!! Up to $300.00 anyway!! Thanks for suggestions.

Your tank's a year old, so you should be nice and stable. You should have no problem adding several corals at once. Since you have a nice cache of cash and lot of open tank space, you're best bet would probably be mail order. You can find a package of nice corals much cheaper than if you were to buy locally.

Wow! Congrats! Always nice to have money fall on you like that. :)

Have you thought about a mate for your Perc ?

You into any LPS? Maybe Hammer, frogspawns, bubbles ? If it's large enough the clown may host there.

But definitely, if it was my money, I'd be looking for a few ricirdeas, maybe some zoos, xenia, a nice colt.....

I think most anything but SPS and clams. Whatever your heart desires :)

Also, do you need to replace your PC's ? Just something else to think off....equipment..if you need something that normally you pass on..might be a good time to look into it.

RO/DI , new bulbs, big old bucket of salt, sump, pump, refugium.

AMn, I love spending 300 clams!

Good luck and post some pics of your winnings!

Peace, Bryan

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm in Canada and mail order is not a great choice. The only mail order I would trust is J&l aquatics and their in B.C. Too far. Anyway this money is burning a hole in my pocket!! I have to spend it today or I'll do something stupid like pay a bill!!!

Originally posted by Pikelet

This will be interesting ........ I wonder what he'll buy.  I would chuck out those lame PC's and get some MH in there, baby.

Hey! PC's Rule!!

:P

I had a great time spending my winnings!! First I took my daughters out for lunch $50.00. Colt coral $50.00, yellow leather $60.00, took your advice and got a mate for my perc and another for my newly cycled 10 gal $40.00 and a spot cardinal $15.00. That's it!!! Money gone with a few bucks left over for loterry tickets. Oh yeah also stocked up on fish food and got my dog a new toy. Had a great day and my fish and corals look great in their new home. Too bad I can't win a few bucks like that more often. I don't feel one bit guilty!!

I looked them up on the net and took an hour to look over their site, they are located about 20 minutes from me so I will be doing some shopping there soon. Some of their prices are higher than what I pay now at my LFS but they have some stuff I can't get and their corals sure look great.

You won't be sorry if you deal with A&L aquatics!! They are awsome and fantastic customer service!! I bought a retro fit from them and after 3 weeks the actinic bulb blew (don't know why) they sent me out a new one right away. That one arrived and I put it in and it cracked. I don't know if I did it or it arrived that way and I told them that. I thought they would probably tell me "TOO BAD" but they sent me another one no charge. Not even for shipping and they only charged me $7.00 for shipping the reto fit in the first place. Also, they have a price guarantee so if you find something cheaper they will match it. I will definatley deal with them again!

Archived