Pod Your Reef

Sea Bunnies, who needs 'em

ajroahkni

I got sea bunnie slugs as hitchers on my LR. All they do is poop and have sex. POOP=good for detrivores, SEX=good food source, bout once a week.

I've got five of these slugs in my tank. If anyone wants 'em, please LMK.

Paypal me for shipping and LMK how to ship these suckers from Hawaii to you (wrapping, mail carrier, etc.) and I'll send them to ya. Obviously, I've no clue.

BTW, want hermits 'n nerites? LMK. Some LR, LS? I think it'd have to come w/ the parcel, so why not. Everything's gonnna be free (after you pay for the shipping, so Y TFN?)

Last BTW, if we can get this thing to ship OK and alive, whatever you need - CAN'T BELIEVE THAT IPSF.COM SELLS SEA BUNNIES FOR $30/PAIR!

If it's from HI and it's legal, why not. (No corals, etc.)

John:)

Umm..... are these from your LR that you collected yourself? Your now selling them? That dosn't sound too legal to me... especially not without a permit...

you are good at being a Knob.

what do you think it cost to ship express priority overnight for a 1 pound package from Hawaii to the eastern US ?

30.00 fer 2 with shipping isnt bad. considering most seahares release toxins and a red ink slime when unhappy that kills a lot of stuff in captive tanks. but I have no idea what species you have.

got a pic or species latin name?

yeah ! look waht I found.... LETS SELL IT !

I'm not selling - just want to give away (course, I'm not going to pay for shipping to give it away).

Was just a thought.

There's a pic of one in one of my first posts Dave. Guess you could do a member search on ajroahkni to see it.

Forget it. Was just a gift to anyone who wanted to try and receive through mail. I do realize that it's $$$ to ship from here to there, and chances are something'd die, so instead let's just let this thread die.

how many nerites can ya get? I am also interested in some hawain feather duster worms... THOSE are worth shipping.

just curious.

ps: EDIT... yer new sig is funny as ###### ! LMAO

Inpha - I appreciate your concern for the creatures of the ocean environment. My original plan was to take 'em back to the ocean with my LR (I'm currently "culturing" base rock - sandstone base - from my LR) when I take back the LR. Conservation and consciousness is good - that's why all of you guys should avoid tonga and fiji rock (unless aquacultured - but then WHY would it be called "tonga" or "fiji"?). My ignorance showed when I first set things up, but I'm not going out to jeopardize the ecosystem. In fact, my tank looks exactly the same as when I first set it up - no LR/coral additions.

Dave

If you think they'll ship, I can get you all the nerites that you want - though maybe should wait 'til summer, lest you think it'll be properly insulated to last. A word of warning though...the same species has both intertidal (climb out of the tank in the middle of the night) and underwater tendencies. I've had success w/ keeping the ones that I got from one area, whereas the other set I got kept climbing out of the tank. I've about 10 or so in my tank for the last month or so, without casualties.

Next time I go diving, I'll look for featherdusters - been thinking about it for my tank too. To be honest though, not seen many in the ocean, so I doubt if I'll be finding you any. The LFS here sells 'em for $10 a pop! Rather get my own.

---

My original post was to get rid of things from my tank, not from the ocean (the LR/LS, etc.). Figured that as I was planning to get rid of it (take it back), I'd offer as a base for my sea bunnies.

-

I'm not a bad guy, Inpha. So give me a hug and a kiss, and a pat on the ass if you wish. It's okay.

John

I believe you mean Stomatella snails.. not seahares

do the 'slugs' have a half shell on their back? if so, they are stomatella snails which do not release toxins, and as you said reproduce a lot. algae eaters.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about SW nerites, but all snails with a lung can be shipped wrapped in damp newspaper. I've receved nerites like this before. BTW I'm starting my tank soon and will need a lot of different snails so I would love these guys if they aren't meanies.

Archived