Coral Vue Hydros

Ok, bit of an emergency......

fliberdygibits

fliberdygibits

I had a ricordia die (unless turning almost entirely to brown slimey yuck is normal) I got him out of the tank and did a big water change...... gonna do another in about 20 minutes...... My other mushrooms seem a bit irritated, but ok....... my feather dusters however are just sticking half way out of their tubes... they don't pull back then I brush against them..... is there something in dead ricordia that is THAT toxic to dusters?

Can they be saved?

Are they just stunned?

Any other advice in general?

Thanks for any info.

Ok, a quick update..... turns out that This is now a freshwater tank. I get pre-mixed water from my LFS. This "pre-mixed" is what I used to change water today after I removed the ricordia and about a week ago I changed 1/3 of the volume from this same batch. I am at work with a box of old salt mix and no hydrometer furiously mixing a gallon of salt....... the fresh water was in my car so it's about 35 degrees and will take a while to heat up sitting on the lava lamp I am having to use it to heat up.

Suggestions?

ouch!

microwave some of that water in pitcher or something microwave safe (just making sure). half or a portion is fine to mix back with the rest to a more comfortable range.

get some carbon ready to run thru (if you have a power filter, canister, or even two filter bags and a bubbler).

the osmotic shock may still result in a complete crash anyways. :( go with warmer versus colder water. +4~8F (84F max imo) is better than colder (think of cold showers).

since you don't have a hydrometer you should try to aim your salinity lower rather than higher imo. 8 oz. cup of salt mix (coralife) for a 3.5 gal batch of water? it's been a looong time since i made sw, ok?

good luck!

fliberdygibits

Not dropping my guard yet, but my feathers are moving again, although their "feathers" look a bit scrawny.

My shrooms are opening again (cept for one that is still partially closed).

I lost my ricordia, but I am gonna talk to the LFS about it and I am sure they will replace anything I loose.

Any further advice would be awesome, but I think I may be ok till I can call them tomorrow.

fliberdygibits needs help to finger things out.

Any further advice would be awesome, but I think I may be ok till I can call them tomorrow.

Ya could always have done the finger dip taste test.

stupid. X)

"Murphy's law" appears again...... D'OT !

they should have made that bastard do a reef tank.

stupid stupid stupid law....

fliberdygibits

but all I determined was that I am a dip... OH.... that dip test. It tastes ABOUT right, but since I don't often test like that, it is only a VERY rough guess.

:)

Archived