Pod Your Reef

Tank crashed... need help..

Gmoney

Hi guys

So, my established tank has now crashed....but not because it was established. I recently switched it from 10gal to 18 gal via aqua. All went well with the transition, until I bought some live rock from Ebay from a distributor located in Chino. They had told me the rock was 90% cured and that I should not put it directly in to my tank...whether that is because it really wasnt 90% cured or because it was just not a good idea, I had nowhere to put this rock to quarantine so I decided to just go for it...BIG MISTAKE... next day, I got to work and water was turning brown.. corals still alive... i did a 10% water change...unfortunately I was leaving town and would not be back til sunday...i crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.....for not... Monday, water was brown again, all corals had died... bicolor pseudo was dead, maroon clown was not happy, few hermits still alive, one snail still alive... frogspwan hanging by a thread..what to do what to do? Did another 10% change, removed all rotting corals...and now it is a wait and see...I will continue doing some water changes... will try 25% tomorrow...maybe reduce my lighting time from 10hr to 5 or 6...I hope everything is back online soon...lesson learned, I am getting a quarantine tank up ASAP!

Once things are back to normal, i will be looking for some donations... anything will be appreciated... GSPs, Xenia, zoos, etc..... this time, I will not make same mistake...help a fellow reefer out...i promise to help back in return ;-)

G

that would be great..anything you guys can donate...I am sure things will be back to normal soon...with a lil help and a lot of work...

Archived