inTank Media Baskets

My Plan: One Question

Mnesarchus

Ok, so for a Christmas present to myself I think I am going to upgrade my 10g to be taller. The current dimensions are 20x10x12" (A standard 10g AGA). I want to upgrade it to a 20x10x22" (which would hold approximatley 19g of water), keeping the same width and depth so I can keep my existing hood. My current lighting is 2 x 55w PC (6400k, Actinic03). Can I keep the same lighting setup? Also, would I need additional circulation? Current circulation is provided by a maxi-jet 600.

Thanks.

Isn't that a 20tall?

Surface area gas exchange probs, I'm sure. But go fer it THEORIST (not Moby).:P

What about an elevation of your current LR/corals of 10"? - same 'ol, same 'ol.

That'll leave you trying to find LR to prop up the residual 12". Give ya alot of room for tubastreas and other Low Light cretins. Would be AWESOME!!!

You could go as blatant as to make a divider to block out the light from the bottom half if not enough LR to support a natural differential.

OH, OH, pics baby. How many days til Xmas?

Mnesarchus,

i'm switching to the 15H as we speak. i had my lfs do some drilling and i still need to get a hood but i figure around xmas as a startup date too.

i thought about the 20H but it was going to be a little much for my desk. even the 15H is little too much but screw'em it'll look sweet!

your light should be ok (i'm going with 4x40w vho) for softies and lps (not substrate dwellers tho imo).

Up-gradeitis...... damn adictive disease of reefers.

dude, just set up another tank. you will like it MUCH better when you have 2 tanks.

when ther are issues, fights, water quality or even "OMFG !disaster" strikes, it is ALWAYS a sure thing to have another system. I have 9 personal tanks that are ALWAYS set up and 3 "floaters"

Trust me on this one. Its just better to set up a second.

I guess I dare not tell you about the two awesome 135s and the wicked .... albeit not a nano 385 gallon tank the shop got in. Okay Iwill tell ya anyway, the 135s are cool, one is the typical 6 foot, but the other is a 5ft, it has more front to back depth, very cool, .... I want... actually the 385 is nice but it is 36 inches tall, I think it would be hard to clean.

Oh well back to working on the little ones.

Archived