1 small 6 line wrasse

1 sand sifting star

1 small clownfish (FP)

1 Red Hermit

1 Feather duster

Salinity 1.023

pH (trying to raise) 8.0-8.1

Temp- 78

Firstly, I think I would like to upgrade to corals. What lighting exactly should I get? How could I put it in my hood?

What kind of fish could I get? Any way I could add 2, like a small one+ neon goby? I was thinking a pygmy angel, but i dont want it to be crammed. I set up a quarantine 1 week ago. Do you think it's done cycling? It has a small piece of LR... Im going to get the water checked tommorow.

Does the set-up look ok for corals?

Thank you so much! :)

what's the tank's dimensions? acrylics can be many varied sizes and shapes.

gobies are nice but angels are not to be trusted imo.

Guest AbSoluTc

You might want to raise your temprature a little bit. I myself used to run at 78 because I could never get a straight answer on what temp. was best for a reef. I put it up to 82 and noticed a dramatic difference in the system and the animals in it. They seemed happier and much more vibrant.

If anything, bump it up to 80 :)

Originally posted by tinyreef

what's the tank's dimensions?  acrylics can be many varied sizes and shapes.

gobies are nice but angels are not to be trusted imo.

Eclipse 2 = 24x12 :P

You can look into some lighting kits by Custom Sealife. They have kits to retrofit some PowerCompact bulbs into those hoods. You can check out CustomSealife.com for pictures or other mail order pages. If you are electrically inclined, even the slightest bit, the retro should be easy. If your not some LFS will do it or I'm sure a friend can do it pretty easy.

I should let you know that Angels of any type are usually a no-no for reefs, especially small reefs, becuase of their taste for corals:o. It would be one of those "at your own risk" deals. You could get a goby or even another FP clown or two.

You will want some more live rock for sure. Ideally since your tank in running you will really want to buy cured or cycled rock. This rock will be a little more money but you won't have any dieoff to screw up your water.

Cameron

i use the csl 32watt smart lite. I have two in my hood. i dont have an eclipse, but i got to say, for somethign only 15inches in length and 3 inches in width. i am pretty happy with it. i have two side by side. which makes a total of 64 watt on my 12 gallon. thast about 5.33watts per gallon. =) i was told i can keep anything i want in this 12 gallon tank except for stonies. so i recommend them or try "hello lights". they got some pretty good deals too.

X) physh you got me again! totally missed that! gimme a break, i'm studying for Statistics right now! ??? i can barely add! jeesh!

;)

A midas blenny would probably be ok if you still ever choose to get one. Just be carefull and see how he reacts with your goby....I have seen them fight for territory...

Cameron

Originally posted by tinyreef

X) physh you got me again!  totally missed that!  gimme a break, i'm studying for Statistics right now! ??? i can barely add!  jeesh!

;)

Hehehe:D.....that's we are here for...to keep eachother in check;)...

I know how the studying this goes though....I've been on the books for the last 2 weeks.....my brain is close to much now:x

Cameron

You would be looking at item #23128. BTW, some people have even put 2 of these bulbs side by side into their Eclipse hoods so if you want more than 32w than you may want 2. Some more modifications are required.

What kind of corals could I get with 32w?

Thanks.

Archived