inTank Media Baskets

keeping water

Cam barr

keeping the water in a plastic container for a long period of time sucks because it would start to smell. try keeping it in a cool place would also help man.

I kept a jug on my bedroom floor for a about 5 weeks probably.  It didn't smell, and I used it for water changes all the time.  Never seemed to hurt anything. I guess it also depends on how much organic matter is in the water.

Depends on the container, idealy you want the container to be made from an inert material. Good storage chugs are called carboys they are either made from a material called ngalene or thats the company name, cant seem to remember. Check any lab supply house like coralina.com or fisher.com

nalgene is a company. most likely you want to buy plastic bottles or containers with the letters "PP" on the bottom because that si the chemical used to make the container. i think its poly---something. this material is inert and can with stand high temperature.

sorry forgot about this thread i bought the jug from my lfs i think thares a pp on the bottem it workd out fine me and my dad go through about 5 gals of ro each week between us so it works out fine thanks for the help guys

jjharrisx4

I mix up like 30g at a time in a big rubbermaid container, and just drop a small ph in.  I keep it in the garage (CA summers are hot) and use it up as needed.  Sometimes it may be months before I make more.  Never a problem yet.

Archived