Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Proud of myself, I made my first frag!

equinecpa

I decided today that I needed to frag some anthelia I purchased a little while ago. It is a great big clump at the top of my tank, and since I don't have many corals, I thought it would be nice to spread it out some.

So I turned over the rock it was on and there was already an area of the foot that wasn't firmly attached so I pulled on it and it peeled away. I took about 5-6 stalks with the foot.

I then needed to find a rock to attach it to. I have a lot of big rocks so I did some rock splitting too. I took a hammer and smashed one rock into 3 pieces and some rubble. I rinsed it all, picked one and was now ready for mounting the frag.

I dried off the rock and the base of the anthelia and supger glued it into place...and voila...one frag.

I'll post pics soon. Very easy.

Carolyn

Sounds great. I remember my first frag of some green striped mushrooms. I was so amazed you could just cut a coral up and in no time you have multiple pieces.

i havent fragged yet but my gsp is going to be my first victim!there is a huger growth on it just calling my name "frag meeeeeee...FRAG MEEEEEE!!!"

Originally posted by qwertyuiop

i havent fragged yet but my gsp is going to be my first victim!there is a huger growth on it just calling my name "frag meeeeeee...FRAG MEEEEEE!!!"

GSP fragging is easy - it grows in a matt. All you have to do is pull it off the rock and snip it. Then glue the matt to whatever surface you want it to grow on. Some people like growing it on the back of their tank.

Archived