Top Shelf Aquatics

Missing Emerald Crab due to Pseudochromis?

nguyentu68

Haven't seen my Emerald Crab in my nanocube12 for the past couple of days...figured he was just hiding in the rocks. I have a purple pseudochromis in the tank as the only fish.

Dummy me didn't do my research and decided to put in a peppermint shrimp today into the tank. Within 10 seconds...BLAM! the pseudo was on it like white on rice! Tore it to shreds in another 30 seconds and ended up eating it in 3 pieces!

Question is... the emerald crab was pretty small, possible that the pseudo got to it as well? If so, what would others recommend for a replacement for my crab/shrimp as part of my cleaner crew?

Remaining crew are:

3 astrea snails

3 red leg hermits

Thanks!

jenniebutterfly

mantis shrimp :) just kidding, maybe it is still hiding, but you could try a coral banded shrimp, they are pretty aggresive and can hold their own. get the largest one you can find :)

I think he is probably just hiding. Mine go for weeks at a time where I don't see them. Then suddenly they are out munching, then gone again. Check whih a flashlight when the lights are out. I be you will see him.

Archived