inTank Media Baskets

My new modded nano cube dx

nme

Hey guys im new to the fourms and nano reefs. In fact im new to salt water aquaria in general. I was at the local pet store looking around and i came across a nano cube with a full on reef. I was instantly in love.I used to think that the only way to get into salt water was to start a fish tank the sive of a buick and take out a second home loan. I started doing so research online and found this website. It was a wonderful source of information when i was looking into buying a nano tank. I looked at what some of you have done to your cubes and decided that i wanted to add another bulb for the coral and add a fuge light. I added a 3rd 24w 10k pc bulb, a 13w cf for the fuge, and a 5 led row of moonlights. I fit all the ballasts into the hood with a little help from my dremel. I finally filled it and added live rock today and this is the result. Please let me know what you think.

Ill post some better photos later as well.

Thanks for being part of this great forum guys.

Here is another photo of the tank after it cleared up a bit. Also a photo of the hood without the lights on. You can see the 2 ballasts in the corners.

i got the moonlight from some guy on ebay. apparently he makes them and sells them. Its pretty good quality for a home made moonlight. Came with a detachable adapter and all ill give you his ebay id if youd like.

Originally posted by nme

i got the moonlight from some guy on ebay. apparently he makes them and sells them. Its pretty good quality for a home made moonlight. Came with a detachable adapter and all ill give you his ebay id if youd like.

Yes post a link to his stuff on e-bay...

looks sweet to me. i would have gone with a 50/50 bulb though, or a full actinic. IMO the deeper blue looks cool, but i still think your tank looks better than mine!!!

Originally posted by dymaxiun

Yes post a link to his stuff on e-bay...

the reason i didnt get a 50/50 or full actinic is because id rather my corals be healthier then better looking and the 10k will def provide more light then a 50/50 or a full actinic.

Some new photos

I cut notches above the intake so it would skim the surface when filtering. The lfs gave me a buisness card to block the intake with.

Overflow.jpg

I filled the first compartment with floss, a sponge, and carbon, the other 2 compartments were converted into a fuge with 2lbs of live rock rubble topped with some cheato

fugetop.jpg

Here is a photo of the tank after it cleared up.

cubefront.jpg

The tank is nearly cycled and then i can get to the good stuff.

Let me know what you guys think so far

I will keep this post updated with anything new.

very nice rock what kind of rock is that?

Could we see a pic with just moonlights on?(use night mode on camera)

and i love how you set up the fuge very nice your tank has amazing things comming in the future.........

Tank looks great. Make sure you remove any die off from the Live Rock before you start putting in livestock. I would give each rock a good scrubbing.

ClarkiiClown

How hard was the extra light mod? I really want to add to mine. If you dont mind how much did the extra light and ballast cost you?

The splashguard on the 2005 nanocubes go all the way to the back. Mine is a 2004, makes it alot harder to make the big mods. Has anyone come up with a good way to add a refugium light for the 2004 NC?

I look forward to seeing some picks when this one is stocked. Keep up the good work, Skip

Archived