inTank Media Baskets

Eclipse 12

juskr

I am doing a Eclipse 12 with OR seahorses. I want to get a high power light so that the live rock will get very healty and in the future I want to keep a pair of clowns alone in the tank with a anenome. What type of light can I put inside the Eclipse 12. What is the brand and what will it cost.

thanks

printerdown01

I assume by OR you mean that you will either do the clowns or the seahorses. Requirements for seahorses are really demanding, so do some serious research before you jump in and buy them. Not to mention that their numbers in the wild are declining at an alarming rate!! Another quick warning note, sea anemones are probably not suitable for a nano system... They often require intense lighting and near perfect water quality. With that said, a great source of Eclipse 12 (or Eclipse 1/Eclipse 1tl) lighting is simply either a 32W Coral SeaLife retrofit (usually about $50 if you really look for deals) and a 2x28W retro (Contact NavyNano if you want more info on this... I BELIEVE that he has this in one of his tanks). Honestly if you don't mind fronting the original cost I would HIGHLY recommend the 2x28W. The reason for this recommendation is that I forsee that you will soon be wanting to keep corals, both softies and LPS. If all you wish to keep is a FOWLER (fish only with LR) you are probably fine with 2x15W of NO (which I believe can come standard in the Eclipse 12). If you give more specifics as to what you will eventually want to do with the tank (i.e. coral, no coral, ect) we could give you a more precise answer ( :P with a lot of personal preference and opinion mixed in :P).

OR stands for Ocean rider. The tank raised seahorses are very strong an this doesn't take away from the enviroment. Just to clear up a few things. To start with I just want to keep alot of live rock and I want the light to support good growth. The reason I asked about anenome is that I have seen numerous times a couple of clowns in 6 or 12 gallon with a bubble tip anenome and looked to be doing good. I might go with corals not sure at this point but if I do I want to have the right amount of lighting. Also I want the bluish glow on my aquarium so what bulbs would I need. thanks

Justin

Archived