Cultivated Reef

possible yumas?

jenniebutterfly

jenniebutterfly

i bought two separate rock today, the first has about 9-10 orange yumas for $33.00(i am assuming they are yumas)they were labeled as orange shrooms, and i have never sen a yuma in person, only pics, and the guy at the lfs said they came in as shrooms and he did not really know if they were yumas or not. here are the orange ones. yes there are bumps around the mouth, the background color is a bluish purple, and the mouth is fluorescent green

9765p1240055.jpg

and then i got the second rock of green on a purple background, there are 5 on this rock for $14.99. i think these may be yumas, but i am not so sure. i am more sure of the oranges.

9765p1240061.jpg

They both look like yumas to me. Seems like you got a pretty good deal, on most sites I have found yumas they are 5-10 per polyp. I saw an orange and grey polyp for 45.

Nice find.

jenniebutterfly

thinking of going back, they had 5 rocks of the oranges, all averaging between 7 and 10 polyps a piece. lol i just had that gut feeling about them, and i have never seen yumas at any lfs around here, i can get floridas though

jennie --

As far as I can tell, that orange looks exactly like mine - and here I was all excited about getting one! No frags for you lol! j/k You've still got dibs on one of the pinks if it ever splits...

jenniebutterfly

haha davina, these are orange, no doubt about that, i searched the tank for pink ones lol, but there were none. i guess i don't have your luck. i have some more frags of stuff waiting to go out to your though :) btw your shrooms are doing great, :) jen

Archived