Pod Your Reef

odonum niger

devil

Devil,

All the sources that I can find on this trigger says that it loves shrimp and other invertebrates.  

HTH,

Matt

supposedly some of them are reef safe, its a gamble.  They need at least a 75 gallon aquarium because they grow big fast and swim a lot, i just saw one in some restaurant yesterday.  He was in a huge tank, had to be at least 400g long gallons and he swam back and forth end to end costantly

an lfs here has a big clown trigger in a tiny little bowfront that couldn't be more than 30-40g.  poor guy.  i don't think i could sleep at night having a trigger in an aquarium that wasn't massive.

matt what arre your sources?

hope they aren't kapelakin's!! :laugh:  :laughing: :lol:  :newlaugh:

famousguy I did not asked if it reef possible did I?

so no need to mention the tanksize requiered!

anyway did someone actualy kept a niger trigger in a tank with crabs and shrimps?

Devil,

I am a biology major at Clemson University in South Carolina.  I just did a little research in the library and remembered to look up something on this fish.  I also asked one of my professors (who is a marine nut) and he highly advised against it.

HTH,

Matt

thank's for the info matt

now I know your sources are better then kapelakin

but the info isn't so fascinatin....

and a lilbit disapoiting but at least true

Over the years I have had a few triggers and shrimp living togother and I have learned the following:

triggers like to eat shrimp very much!

other than that they are one of the coolest, and most responsive fish I have had.

Brad

Archived