ReefCleaners.org

Its about my mushrooms....

zooyork0710

zooyork0710

My mushroom recently broke away from his rock. I want to reattach it but am not exactly sure how to go about that. Some ideas would be great.

Thanks

jenniebutterfly

lol good luck, once mine detatch they are renegades, they will not stay for anything. you could try to get some bridal veil fabric and tie it around a rock with the shroom inside, or just let it do it's own thing and find a spot it likes

Go to your local fabric store and buy some wedding veil material. (You will probably have to buy 1 sq yard for about 3-4 bucks but it will last you forever.)

Take a small piece of live rock or a shell or something small. Loosely wrap the mushroom and the rock and secure the veil with a rubber band so that the veil is loose but secure, and so that the mushroom can expand and receive light. Then move the mushroom to a lower area of light in your tank. Give it a few weeks to attach. Move it into higher lighting as you see fit. If anyone asks, just say its a newly wed couple.

zooyork0710

yea i noticed he's already got a mind of his own.lol. Im not too familiar with the veil wrap you're talking about (sorry), should i glue it?

zooyork0710

thanks. I'll have to look into that. So will I be able to remove the veil ok or will it be stuck there?

lol to the newly wed.

jenniebutterfly

just go to a craft store that sells fabric and ask the people that work there for crinoline or veil netting, they will know what you are talking about. and yes you will be able to remove it as long as your shroom is not like mine and tries to attach to the netting lol :) jen

I think you use a rubber band or something to tie the bridal veil shut, so i'ts easily removed; take it off when the mushroom has attached to the rock or whatever it's in there with. I had this problem last week.. I used the "shot glass" method, in which you put some rubble or substrate in a small glass, put the shroom in too, and cover the glass with bridal veil...although I used plastic cross stitch mesh, since my wedding was almost 19 years ago...I checked him yesterday, while adding some hermits and snails, and he had halfway attached to a piece of the rock, which I then placed in a shady spot on the lr. Whether he stays there...we'll see ...:D

I think that's about right, time-wise..and yeah, keep it sort of loose so he's not strangled. I was worried about mine attaching to the "glass" (actually a small rubbermaid thing), but fortunately he did attch party to the rock...enough for him not to float around, anyway.

Archived