Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yuma not looking so hot

Sinistard

I got 2 of the same yumas 10 days ago and one of them is not looking so hot. It looks a bit droopy almost like its melting, the other one that is right beside it looks great, it's open and twice as big as the sick one. I know this is a bad sign my question is what is the best coarse of action? More, less flow...More, less light? The sick one has never fully opened and the health one did the day I got it.

I did find a tink clam/oyster behind it could that have caused it to take a turn for the worse?

I'll try to get some pictures later, I'm at work now.

Thanks for looking and any help

If the other one looks like it's doing great, I'd leave the sick one in the same spot & just wait. I've gotten a few sick shrooms here & there and always just wait & hope they heal back up. Never had oen die off on me (yet o_o).

EtOH_is_good

they can look much worse at times (ie at night when they decide to close). don't know what controls their inflation. my yuma causes me to worry at times too. can only do so much at times to keep them happy and then hope that nature doesn't kill them or let them commit suicide. keep sg steadily below 1.026.

Archived