Pod Your Reef

Which maxijet for a 10g

jcm1229

Which maxijet for a 10g - the 400 or 600?? It will also have an aquaclear200 running.

I already have a minijet 404 - but the outflow isn't redirectional - it just goes straight.

Thanks!

imo you should just setup the tank with the aquaclear 200 and the minijet 404. directional outflow is nice but...i'd set the tank up with the minijet on the side glass blowing perpendicular to the outflow of the aquaclear. you can move it wherever, with the obvious goal of happy critters. the minijet also allows you to throttle back the flow if it to strong. As a rule...some will disagree with this and certain inverts prefer more or less but...a turnover rate (gallons/hour of flow (from all sources)) of 10-15x the tank volume should be sufficient. The Aquaclear 200 also has a throttle, wide-open this filter alone would put you beyond the 15x mark. if you really want a new PH get the smaller 400 (less flow). its less likely to blow your corals out of the tank.

i personally go with a maxi jet 400. it provides just enough circulation for the open area of the tank and u might want to put another power head just so there are no dead spots in the tank such areas behind or in between rocks. also, from what i researched and my own preference, i prefer several small power heads disperse through out the tank then one giant one that blow sand and corals around in a storm. hope this helps.

just a thought that i forgot to add into the earlier reply. maxi jets also make mini jets and micro jets. i never use the later two before, but i heard they are very powerful and really quiet too. i am planning to get a mini jet 606 in the near future. i dont know if i am suppose to add this web site but i think it helps. if i am not suppose to please dont banned me. just email me or let me know. thanks. but yeah..help this helps twin guy.

http://www.exoticfish.com/powerhead.html

i am not sure, but isnt it true u can put the directional attachment to the mini jets too? i heard it some where. i may be wrong.

Archived