SaltCritters.com

6 gallon nanocube pics?

embryoguy

to those who have purchased the new 6 gallon nanocube.

any pics? what do you have in yours? just ordered mine. positives ? negatives?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Negatives would be not enough light in the tank to keep exotic corals. Positives are easy to maintain due to size.

Mike

Positives:

Nice, clean tank lines.

Lot of room to be creative with the LR, I like the height.

Easy setup.

1/2 gallon water changes weekly should be easy!

Two fans to keep lighting cool.

Built in LEDs

Negatives:

Built in LEDs are a bit whimpy, and need to be better placed. Would prefer in front pointing back.

Fans can be a bit loud if you are not used to it.

Stock JbJ pump.

If you read my tank thread, I am adding comments on my findings. I am currently wrangling with my tank to get the temps stable, my main issue is the ambient temperature in the room.

Gary

It definatly looks like there is room to fit at least another 18w bulb in there if the splash guard is extended and the LEDs are moved slightly.

Yeah, it would be nice with an extra 18 watter... I wonder why JBJ didn't automatically double the lighting in that one like the other two.

i jsut got my 6 gallon, how do yo u keep the moonlights on 24hrs? this seems to be a flaw in there setup. cant seem to keep moonlights at same time as regular lights

has anyon tried hooking up a fuge light for the 6 gallon? it seems helolights.com has 9-13wt kits that might work but you need to remove the fans to make room. has anyone tried this? thanks in advance for your input.

I am sure that Chris at www.nancustoms.com is looking at mods for the 6. Give him a call or e mail him and he can tell you what he thinks will work. You could also waut a few weeks and he may have kits available so you can DIY yours to upgrade it. HTH, Skip

PS Mods made by nanocustoms look stock and don't make your tank look ghetto.

thansk skipm, i know of nanocustoms. and im sure chris will come up with a great modification for a fuge light for the 6gallon. but i just dont wnat to pay 50 for it. considering my tank cost 100. so thats why im investigating a cheaper way to do it myself to make more sense of the cost.

• 7 months later...

I just received my nc6 in the mail this past week. Apparently the nc6 got an upgrade?? because I can control the LED's on or off anytime I want... there is a seperate power adapter for the LED's and one for the fans... and of course the pair of 18w lights have their own little ballast. But I did get the upgraded 36w tank from nanocustoms.com so maybe the rewiring for the new lighting is why I have seperate control of the LED's

Archived