Pod Your Reef

Can someone look at my five gallon pics?

D.D.

Can someone look at my five gallon? I posted on 10/28 but I had to have harbunger on the fish post the picture for me. It's under "how do I post pics?' I just wanted some feedback. Thanks

Very nice! ;) What where did you get your LR and what kind is it? It looks like it has alot of coraline growing. That's a pretty unique set up. I like how it's tall unlike most 5's that are long. What kind of substrate is that, CC? Also how long has it been running, what kind of lights, and what do yo want to keep? Looking good so far, keep it up!

The tank is a five gallon cube, allglass, with two13 watt Jalli compacts and a Rio 50 powerhead. Heater is a ebo Jaeger 50 watt. The substrate is just Aragonite sold in bulk, but the live rock I lucked out on because it had alot of life ini,some of which I haven't identified yet. I'm just keeping anything that can get by with 26 watts of light . Both fixtures have the blue and white bulb. I change out one gallon of water a week. I have a little over $200 invested in the tank so far, and haven't paid more than $12 for any of the corals. Lot's of fun. I've purchased everything in Phoenix, but the lights would have been alot cheaper through Pet Solutions.

Sorry harbingerofthefish. I forgot to proofread my typing. Anyway, thanks for posting the picture for me. And AZDESERTRAT, I got the live rock at Aquatouch, and I got some at Kinda fishy on Bell Rd. and 22nd St. That place should be called Kinda Fishy and Expensive. I get stuff from Clayton at Ocean Vu on University in Tempe. Get your stuff from Clayton, he's good to deal with. They sell all the Via Aqua stuff that comes with the lighting . $150.oo for the 11 gallon with a power compact with two 18 watt tubes.

I used to shop at Kinda Fishy when it was Fish World and Ray was still around. The people there now are Flakes and the shop is a dive. They do not post any prices and I have stood around and heard them price things at least 50% higher form one person to the next. They won't last through the year like that. Damn dishonest if you ask me!

I like AquaTouch, and they guys at Tropical Treasures are great to deal with. Ocean Vu is too far away from me and I have had poor sucess with fish survival from them. I have fish that are 12 years old in two tanks so I know its not my water quality or acclimation technique. I have been a little disappointed with prices at Ocean Floor, especially since they own several stores and a wholesale division, you would think they would be more competitive.

For a city the size of Phoenix choices are few and especially on the west and northwest side.

Yeah,AZDesertRat, a MIllinium 2000 at Kinda Fishy is $54 and at Aquatouch it's $30. I bought some small green star polyps at OceanVu a couple of months ago and they have done real well,considering how much I've moved them around and I've had them in two different tanks. They have small coral frags for $10 to $12 sometimes. The owner at Aquatouch, Mike, is a little short on personality, but Scott and Devon are good to deal with.

Oh, OK, I see it now. Lookin good. I like tanks that don't look stuffed with rock. Is that one of those Via Aqua tanks? A couple really tall skinny pieces of rock might look cool in that tall tank, IMO.

That five gallon tank is a Lee-Mar aquarium. It's a five gallon cube10x10. The lights are Jalli 13watts which I got ripped off at my local LFS. I paid $40 apiece and bought two pc's and a place called pet solutions.com has them for $15 dollars apiece. I just lay them across the top of the tank and run it open top. The fixtures are sealed. You can get the tank by looking at Aquatouch. com. Tanks are $17. I have a 50 watt EboJaeger heater A Rio 50 and 5 pounds of live rock and 5pounds of crushed coral. Great little setup for low light stuff, for about a $200 investment. I have a Via Aqua tank I got for $150 with the36 watt pc included. You can get them through commodity axis .com

Archived