SaltCritters.com

My 30 Gallon Extra High Reef Project

axxis@siscom.net

axxis@siscom.net

I'll document this as I progress, but the plan is to have a 30-Gallon Extra High reef tank with high light requiring items towards the top and mid/low light requiring items towards the bottom and in "shady" areas.

Tank dimensions are 24" x 12" x 24". I plan to stack live rock all the way to the top like a mountain and have corals at various vertical levels. My invertabrates will climb up and down the rock pile and I'll eventually have a Mandarin to patrol for pods and a mated pair of Percula Clowns with a variety of anenome that doesn't grow too large towards the top.

Bought the stand and canopy from rjaquatics.com. Removed the lid of the canopy to allow light to go in.

Light is an AquaMedics Ocean Light 250W HQI with a bulb that burns at 13,000 Kelvin. Light is mounted approximately 10 inches from the surface of the water.

In the back, I've got a CPR AquarFuge Refugium that I'll populate with mineral mud, live rock rubble, and some calerpa I've got growing in the Nano Cube. Hopefully the light spill from the 250W HQI will suffice for the growth of the Calerpa.

Added a 25 pound bag of AgraLive Sand and am getting ready to start mixing/adding mywater.....

More to come....

30XH1.jpg

axxis@siscom.net

Have been pondering what live rock to get and ordered 40 pounds of "Bali Supreme" live rock from phishybusiness.com

They're only an hour North of me, so I should have it tomorrow or Friday.

Rick

axxis@siscom.net

Ha....yeah, I've got another 25 pound bag......just put one in when I took the picture....didn't say I was done yet......just excited and missed mentioning that.

Rick

Archived