Coral Vue Hydros

:12g_glass_nanocube - by jade

Jader

i came home from work yesterday and to my surprise, squirt was fully retracted. so i freaked and thought i had pretty much lost the creature. wanting to do something, i figured i hadnt cleaned the filter in the back since i got the thing so i did that. by filling a pitcher with filtered water (ive been using my brita for water) and just squeezing the crap out of the sponge i was amazed at the amount of crud that seeped out. it was pretty much brown to black! satisfied, i placed the sponge back. the water got real cloudy at first but later was clearer than before i had cleaned it. i did a nitrite test this morning and it was a significantly clearer red, plus squirt had fully extended again and was licking his fingers.

btw, i needed to add salt to the tank but did not want to directly put it in the water but i also didnt want to mix. what i did was pour a little by little bit over the sponge filter in the back with everything running. the salt mostly stayed on top of the filter but gradually dissolved and fell through the pores. i figured this was a good easy way to raise the salinity a little.

heres what the tank looked like this morning. you can barely see mr goby on the rocks to the top left of squirt. he is so shy!

00390314.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by holyherbiness

Would you be offended if I told you that I don't see ANY of your pictures?

not even in the last post?

Archived