Coral Vue Hydros

screw in pc's

cjm033

i have a 2.5 gallon and i have 1 13 watt 50/50 10k for lighting would a 20 watt screw in pc help or not ? i havent really heard if it will or not so i thought id ask just incase it mite be usuable

printerdown01

I don't know of any that are fit for aquariums at this point... You will need the bulb to be the correct color temp, AND it will need to be able to hold this temp consistant. Often bulbs will shift spectrum with time : ...

*ok let me rephrase that ALL PC, VHO, and NO bulbs will shift spectrum with time, the question is how much and how quickly. Most aquariums lights are fairly decent, as the lighting companies try to produce "quality" products for the trade, especially if this is their bread and butter...

in the back of Tropical Fish Hobbyist there's an add for screw in PC's that fit in the standard 15w inc bulb spots. They're made by all-glass. But I haven't been able to find any info on them or even where to buy them.

I would love one for the old 2g hex tank i have laying around.

harbingerofthefish

The one's by All-Glass my LFS has are 6500K. So the 'tempature Kelvin rating... ' actually is fine. They are only 10 watt though.

i have a 27w 6500k screw in pc over my 2 gallon. it is made by tcp springlamp. ive had the bulb for about a year with very little color shift. the appearence is the same as the white half of the smartlights. i paid twelve bucks for them. heres the link http://www.efi.org/products/lighting/cflsprin.html i put a 65w 65k lights of america floodlight over my girlfriends tank with a 32w actinic and it looks awesome and her coral growth is amazing. the loa setup was only 30 bucks. i took the ballast out and put it in a radio shack hobby box so the heat from the bulb wouldnt get to it.

Archived