ReefCleaners.org

Detaching Yuma

Cesar

:*( Dont know if I posted this in the right forum but here it goes.

I just noticed that one of my new Pink Yuma has detached from it's rock. Can anyone tell me what could have happen? My params are all normal and just did a water change just in case. I noticed it hanging like from a thread and it just flicked off. Now the little polyp is loose and floating around

How do I attach him back?

reef hugger

Try sticking it in a small cup with some crushed gravel or rubble. It will adventually attach, then you can glue it were you want it.

Scott Wilson

if it keeps floating out get a shotglass with rubble and put it in it and then palce some bridal veil netting over the opening and securte the netting with a rubber band to the shotglass.

Scott

Cool. Sounds like a good idea. I will do that tonight. That pink yuma is so nice that I would hate to loose it.

BTW, you guys know why do they detach from the rock? Can it be stressed or is it normal?

Scott Wilson

Usually a stress reaction. It doe not or did not like something and its responce it to find somewhwere else to live so it breaks free.

Scott

P.s. but there is god news as long as it is falling apart or always open and letting off mucous from its mouth it may not be to stressed to recover.

Yes the polyp is open all the time. Even when it was facing the sand the polyp was extended. It does feel very slippery as if it was releasing mucus from its mouth or so. Hopefully it will attach fast.

Scott Wilson

It will always feel slippery. When it is releasing mucus the mouth will be open and you can see a stream of mucus coming out.

Scott

Archived