Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Centerpiece

RandyO

I am kind of at a loss.

I have a 24G Nano and would like some kind of "wow look at that" centerpiece but am not sure exactly what it should be.

I was hoping that some the more experienced might have a suggestion.

Space is not a big issue, I will give it what it needs

I currently have a number of mushrooms, ricordia, chili coral, 1 powder blue finger leather and a nice patch of green star polyp (6")

I really like the looks of the hammer, frog spawns and bubble corals. I know they need their own space. I also like the florecent colors of other corals.

I would like something fairly hardy, and compatible with the stock lighting in the JBJ 24 Nano.

I have a single royal gramma and would like to add a percula or even maybe a mated pair.

I saw a rose anemone that was great but I doubt that I or my tank are ready for that yet.

thanks

hey randy, didn't know you were over here on NR.com... a good centerpiece coral can be anything really, i'm sure u have more experience here than 75% of the members here; you should already know what looks good or not. :P

a decent sized tubastrea, torch, hammer, "rare" zoo colony would all be great additions in nano-tanks. hell, even a good sized acan colony would make an eye catching display. just work with whatever u can find in ur area... it's hard to just recommend 1 "centerpiece" coral for the nano, but if i had to pick... i'd definitely vote for the tubastrea.

I try to exercise my resources :) Funny how wide spread some opinions are anyway. I learn as much from incorrect thoughts as the good ones however.

Randy,

What are you doing over here? lol.

And speaking of centerpieces...*cough* Acanthastrea *cough*...;).

Cheers,

Fred

getting suggestions like *cough*Acanthastrea :D I just figured someone would have this "Item" that just screamed out "BUY ME!" You know it is kind of like that trip to the store, not to get anything but just out of boredom. JUST GOING TO LOOK!! and it never fails, this lost soul in the bottom of the tank, lost in despair, needed rescued by a competent soul before someone without a clue buys it and procededs to murder it...... you know :D .............ooops promised not to tell

LOL..promised not to tell what? ;)

And how often do you find truly "lost souls" around here? (Blue-polyped Monti excluded...:) )

(And okay..over at the Lockport store I do find "lost souls" more often than say, going to NT and seeing the same assortment of overpriced Faviids and dying SPS..)

Sorry...I'm just jaded lately...convinced that any coral worth having comes with a $500 price tag attached...lol.

Cheers,

Fred

Archived