Coral Vue Hydros

Ok...I feel pretty dumb asking this ? but here it goes....

Physh1

When mixing salt is .....

1/2 cup salt = 2.5 gallons of saltwater?

or

1 cup salt = 2.5 gallon of saltwater?

or

are both wrong?

I misplaced my hydrometer and for some reason cannot remember the formula:o So I need this to mix my water......

Cameron

it depends on the salt. Id error on the shy side.

If ya are good enough... ( like me LOL) ya can do the dip finger taste test. taste the tank, taste the water in the new batch.....

I think ya can figure it out from there ;)

hey physh, i think the strontium's affecting your memory cells! : it can't be age could it? :rolleyes:

jk :P

hey, we caught you doing a water change! :D

Tell me about it. My bones hurt, I can't see, I walk slow....

Damn, 23 is old.... :P

I think exhaust gas would be killing me by now....just can't get that cotton candy smell of race fuel enough:D

I can't believe I forgot the mix.....I would have the bag still but I dump the salt into a bucket for space and so my cats won't rip the bag open :o .

Actually, I am redoing my 7 gallon....moved everything into my big tank and getting a new start....I wasn't too happy with my current results soooo....new tank :)

Cameron

Originally posted by Pikelet

Run down to your nearest LFS and buy another $7 hydrometer.  

Sheesh!

Thanks for the dumba$$ remark....I'll remember that.

I am smart enough to do that and would have EXCEPT for the fact I'm 2 hours away from any fish store.

Cameron

A dumba$$ question deserves a dumba$$ response. You got it.

Geez ... you said yourself that your question was dumb. Who I am to disagree with your statement?!!

I never bothered to figure out how much salt it takes per gallon to make sea water. This thread sure would have helped when I used up all my RO water and my specific gravity was still too high because I added too much salt.

Archived