Cultivated Reef

How to get a fish out of a tank

BoBoSkater

i got a ace eyed hauk fish about three month ago about a month ago he stated casing my little damesl and yesturday i guess he got it so how can i get it out of the tank hes just goes back in the rocks when i tryed to get it a was thinking about moving my rocks this weekend should i just get him out when i do that i dont want him to eat my clowns

I have to agree. I don't usually like it when people pick at typos, but I think this is a bit ridiculous. Would it kill you to TRY to spell things correctly and TRY to use somewhat correct punctuation?

Normally I wouldn't care, but I had to read this thing three times before I knew what the heck you were asking.

On a lighter note, I knew someone who used a nail gun to rid a tank of a fish. I wouldn't recommend it.

animal-lover

I've had luck by not feeding the fish for a day or two, then putting the net in the tank for about an hour (so the fish gets used to it), then putting food at the top right under the net. Fish is hungry so swims up and swoosh! right into the net he goes!

Good luck.

If you are talking about the Arc Eye Hawkfish which I am assuming you are. The are a very aggressive fish, which grows to 6", and is NOT reef compatable. Definaelty not a fish for a Nano Reef. You best bet would be to catch it, and return it.

Bob

Originally posted by BoBoSkater

in had had 1 yellow tail one 4 strip damsel and 1 clown disapeare like taht never found them i dont know what happen they could have jumped one i havnt checked behind the tank mybe a should

and your fish could have died and a fish could have eaten him and the leftovers could have gotten stuck over a rock

He was probably the reason these fish also disappeared.

Bob

Archived