Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dave was right

Crakeur

Our liverocks.com order arrived today. 40 lbs of base, 21 lbs of gulf rock and 20 lbs of coral rock. This stuff is insane.

First off, the base rock had tons of shrimp, crabs, snails, worms, pods and other stuff crawling all over the place. the gulf rock are covered in barnacles, have the same stuff as the base rock, plus some clams and a spiny oyster which came loose and might wind up in my tank (small one). The coral rock has all of the above, plus clusters of reddish brush corals (that's what they are called on the website) and another encrusting coral that is also a deep red in color.

If you need live rock, definitely head to liverocks.com. Customer service is great and the rock is amazing.

I'm hoping they take notice and start sending me residuals. I'm finished with the home tank for a while now. But I do have huge tank in the office (150 or 170 gallon, not sure) and a 70 gallon bow front reef in my dad's apartment so ordering all the time for the tanks. My last stop will be that monaghan guy out west for some frags.

Pics? =)

How dense was the rock in general? I've heard some complaints about the lack of porous rock in aquacultured LR.

I've been planning on getting some rock from the same place, but I'm worried about putting the LR in early in the cycle phase and killing off all the good stuff on the rock. Have you experienced anything problems with this?

Sounds similar to sleeping with a prostitute to me (though I don't know through personal knowledge). It has the works but along with that you could pick up some unwanted hitchhikers for sure. But if you don't, I guess it's great huh?

yeah.... I know.... I'm da man..... :woot:

here is a sample pic of a rock from Triton Marine....

Ron and Mike are long time supplyers of mine...

tell them I say hello when ya call :) .

This is Uvula and a shroom and some cluster sponges that grew on it. The cycle time is really eazy with this rock too.

Archived