Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How do u frag kenyas?

g0tfish

Ok i have this gigantic kenya that i bought for 35 bucks. I thought it was a pretty good pick up cuz anotehr stalk is alredy growing frm the rock. Always, i need to trim the ONE big stalk on it down jus a tad. Where and how do i frag this thing? Any help would b greatly appreciated and pictures of doing the actual fraging would be fantastico!

I usually reach a pair of scissors in the tank and snip off what i need, but than again my kenya tree is fraging itself now

i can cut it anywhere? but parts of it are like really thick u think i can cut the branches off without damaging the whole thing? Kenyas are pretty hardy right? Also.. super glue help in securing them to a rock?

just don't cut the main part, and don't freak out when it deflates, it does that when you trim it it'll be fine the next day

Scott Wilson

If you can remove it and want to frag it take a boll of tank water add a drop of iodine in it and cut off the branches that you want to remove let them fall in the boll. Gove the parent one dip in the boll and then replace it in the main tank.

To attach the frags you need the following:

Superglue gel

Small pieces of rock

thin strips of bridal veil netting 1/2" by 2-3' long

Take a dab of glue and attach the netting to side of the rock.

Place the coral on the top and gently twist the netting a few times so it is like a string. Secure the base of the frag to the rock whit this "STRING" and then glue the netting to the other side of the rock.

This is a great way to frag the coral with out stressing out the coral. This will hold it in place and work great.

Scott

Kenya tree will pretty much frag itself. It'll soon drop branches off and your issue will not be of how to propagate it as much as how to control it. Take my word: You don't want to help it along. :)

Archived