inTank Media Baskets

How long before i see my Yellow Watchman?

MinibowMatt

MinibowMatt

I have noticed my new(friday) Yellow Watchman Goby doesnt like being seen. I assume hes just scared still, but how long before i start to see him a little more? How do I feed a fish that wont come out in the open? I just dropped a 2 pellets near his hole and a bit of mysis just so he knows i care. Yesterday he came out and I fed him just outside his hole, so i know he will at least eat...

I got mine about a week ago and he is really shy. My tank is pretty healthy and he looks good. I try to feed him some frozen brine every three days or so. He gets pretty brave and comes out when I feed him like that and I try to stay around the tank so he will associate me with food.

nofriendsbz3

i guess i got lucky, mine is always out in the open, he is really social. I paired him up with a pistol shrimp. I recomend everyone get a pistol shrimp if they have a watchman.

I got a tiger pistol with mine and they have an extensive network of tunnels under the LR to hide in. Maybe that's why they stay hidden?

nofriendsbz3

i dont really see my pistol shrimp, but i like just seeing the head of my watchman sticking out of the hole, i think it looks cool

MinibowMatt

My watchman is definetly digging out under my LR. How big do pistol shrimp get? Are they reef safe/other shrimp safe? Will it add a lot to my Bioload? I still want to add a clown to my 7gMB.

nofriendsbz3

my gobay is a little bigger than angryfly's, but my pistol is the same size. Pistol shrimps are reef safe and it wont add much to your bioload. They eat whatever falls to them.

Yeah pistols are a really docile scavenger. I did set my drink down on the counter last night a little fast ant the shrimp fired one. I think it scared the crap out of goby. I never seen him jump out of the hole so fast.

Archived