inTank Media Baskets

ID on a snail?? Clam?? got me

carman34l

Ok, I have searched every site and thread I could find in hopes of avoiding starting a new thread because I cannot take a picture to post this little guy...

So I came home from work and was looking at the tank, Only a week and a half old, and I see a dark red, almost purple, nut shell stuck to the side of my LR, then I notice a white almost a cream semi-transparent flesh on the inside, it is only open maybe an 1/8th on a inch, looks almost like a little clam but with no vivid coloring, shape of a uncracked nut shell, I have looked for a picture on the net and found nothing. He has not moved since I got home, just hanging out in a hole in my LR.

Good or Bad?

Scott

ok I just and watched it for a few, I will sit still a minute or two, turn itself a little pulse its shell for a second then hang out some more, I looked im my reef animal ID book and I did not see this thing in there..... It is about the size of a nickel mabye a little bigger.

I have been doing research all afternoon, what I have on my LR looks to be a small Flame Scallop, Is this possible???

Archived